Updated: Aug 24
● UNDERSTANDING OF CRYING
Tear shedding as an outcome and reactive response to individual’s emotional state or feeling including pain or physical disturbance and irritation of the individual’s eye is widely regarded as Crying. Several Emotions are associated and have the capacity to fuel someone to shed their tears for instance anger, sadness, feeling of grief as well as happiness. Lacrimation is a medical terminology which is related to the notion of shedding of non-emotional tears thus crying is actually a very complicated and complex “secretomotor” incidence and it is clarified that the notion of emotional crying comprises of chemical composition for instance comprises of major amount of prolactin ,adrenocorticotropic hormones which distinguishes emotional crying from other broader classifications and typologies of crying and even in the book “Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals” by Charles Darwin mentioned about the notion of crying in correspondence and as an outcome of Emotional State.
● FORMS OF CRYING /TYPOLOGIES OF CRYING
There are several broader classifications of crying and they are mentioned below such as
● Several forms or typologies of cry can be traced among infants as well for instance
1. BASIC CRY
2. ANGER CRY
3. PAIN CRY
● Tears can be subdivided into three broader arena which are stated below such as
1. BASAL TEARS
2. REFLEXIVE TEARS
3. PSYCHIC TEARS
● REASONS BEHIND CRYING
The simplistic approach of reflecting upon the reason of crying can be considered as happiness or sadness being an emotional corresponding response attached to feelings accompanied by the fact that people also shed their tears under certain situations and circumstances according to the study by Stephen Sideroff as he reflected on people’s crying in response to the factor of beauty. Jodi DeLuca stressed on the fact that crying serves the purpose of survival mechanism and the need for addressal for something is signalized by crying for instance individual frustration, merry ,attention seeking and which is also regarded as “Secondary Gain” Cry. It is significantly noted that Crying also encompasses biochemical purpose as it facilitates release of stress hormones and toxins from individual’s body and this notion is evident in the study by Lauren Bylsma. The importance of crying lies in the fact that crying also comprises of social functions and implications such as gaining support accompanied by crying can be manipulative in nature thus enlightening upon social functions of crying.
● How To TRACE WHO ARE MORE PRONE TO CRY?
It is to be highlighted that gender roles play an active role to observe that females are more tended and more prone to crying than men as often male are stigmatised for crying by addressing it as sign of weakness particularly mentioned in the study by Sideroff Accompanied by it is evident that some people are more tended to crying by nature without any reasons while others don’t and even people with history of trauma are more likely to cry accompanied by extrovert ,empathetic women and women suffering from anxiety are more intended to crying as per the suggestion of the report .
● This is to emphasize on the fact that not all persons experience better feeling after crying out loud for instance women suffering from anxiety experience worse feeling after crying hence crying out loud though is considered as beneficial but exceptions are also associated and attached to this phenomenon.
● BENEFITS OF CRYING OUT LOUD
According to researchers there are several benefits associated and related with crying which improvises the condition of body as well as mind and initiates at the time of birth when baby starts crying .There are several benefits which can be enlisted as
1. DETOXIFICATION OF THE BODY
2. FACILITATES SELF SOOTHING
3. PAIN IN DULLS
4. MOOD IMPROVISATION
5. SUPPORTING RALLIES
6. COPING AND RECOVER FROM GRIEF
7. RESTORATION OF EMOTIONAL BALANCE
8. ENCOURAGES BREATHING OF BABY
9. ENCOURAGES BABY SLEEP
10. FACILITATES RELEASE OF STRESS
11. CRYING IS A SIGN THAT PENT UP EMOTION
12. IT HELPS TO RECOVER TRAUMA
13. INFORMS OTHERS THAT INDIVIDUAL NEEDS SUPPORT
14. PHYSICAL PAIN CAN BE HEALED
15. HELPS IN CLEANSING
16. HELPS PEOPLE TO BE HAPPY
17. ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO MOVE ON
18. ENCOURAGES AND TIGHTENS BONDING BETWEEN PEOPLE BY COMIN CLOSER
19. HELPS IN KEEPING CLEAN EYES
20. CRYING IS CONSIDERED AS NATURAL PART OF HEALING PROCESS
21. HELPS IN MOOD ALTERATION
22. MAINTAINS CLEARING OF NASAL PASSAGE
24. ENCOURAGES TO PREVENT AND REFRAIN FROM DEPRESSION
25. MAINTAINS HEALTH
26. ENCOURAGES IN SOUND SLEEP OF THE INDIVIDUALS
27. HELPS IN LOWERING AND REDUCING BLOOD PRESSURE.
From the above mentioned enlisted benefits or advantages barring their disadvantages leads to the concluding remarks that crying should not be considered as assign of weakness of any individual as crying is a very crucial factor and is very natural thereby part and parcel of day to day life and also focuses on the fact that issues like dry crying and people who does not cry should come under consideration as subject of field research works .Even implementation and impact of crying therapy also plays a crucial role being crying as an essential feature of not only as an important act but required for human existence and sustainability of human civilization.